I have to apologise...
I've been mocking on swedes and now I just had the most wonderful swedish weekend at the swedish speaking free church of Helsinki, called Andreas kyrkan.
So: I'm sorry, I haven't been totally correct on my great prejudices of swedish people.
(And please, sense the humor in these lines, ok?)
We went there on last Friday and felt welcomed from the very beginning. In the evening we attented a worship night at a church called Philadelphia. Whole meeting was translated in to finnish though, but that was my first swedish cermon ever and I understood it quite well. So, there's the first turning point.
Next day we went to visit some young people of the church, they had invited people to their home (which was a house of a good size, shared by three guys and two girls), we spent there eight hours and had just a great time. So, that was a turning point number two.
On Sunday we went to the service, being a part of it. We played drama, lead the worship (partly in swedish!), shared testimonies and the leader of our team preached. And I have to say: this was an excellent ending of an excellent weekend.
They are an interesting part of our country and have to admit: I like them.
(If you are a swede and are reading this, please don't get hurt. If you are one of my Bulstrode mates: you know what I'm talking about.. ö ö hö ö hö ös mö, you know ;) )
2 comments:
grassy island...;o)
Post a Comment