"Living out of the false self creates a compulsive desire to present a perfect image to the public so that everybody will admire us and nobody will know us. " -B. Manning
This thought from a book called Rabbis heartbeat (highly recommending it) really talked to me in the beginning of this summer, I really needed to think about this. And recently it came up again. Don´t know why, maybe I recognise something like that in myself... Which is just stupid, again. But sometimes our personalities get so twisted by our surrounding/by ourselves that we really start living out of the false self.. or start feeling that admiration from others is essential. Which is partly true, of course, but that should not be the basis of our personality. Then our personality is totally formed by others opinions or what they wait from us.
Hmm... Maybe the point here is: don´t always act as you are expected to, do sometimes how you really feel like doing. And take a closer look on what you are or maybe what you present to the others.
I know that things are not this black and white... but yeah, this is just a flow of thoughts.
And there are plenty more on concerning this issue, but I´m too tired to write them down right now. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment