Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I ride on my bicycle, I ride..


Well, actually I don´t.

It´s +27,5 degrees, on the shadow side of the house. So, I really don´t feel like moving anyhow at all... It´s nice, of course, to have this weather, but as a finn.. well, let´s say I like all four seasons. Except if in the future I need to live somewhere where it´s this hot or even hotter more or less throughout the year, I could get used to it. If I have to :)

Guess other things would matter more. But at the moment, this matters a lot, so it´s a good excuse to be lazy.

Except that I haven´t been too lazy, I made an electricitycontract today. The apartment where I´m moving in, needs electricity, as every apartment does, I guess. Renting it included water and warming, but I needed to take care of the electricity.

And maaan, it seemed complicated: I could have done it in the internet, but I didn´t have all the information needed and I couldn´t get the information either, so forget that. Then I found a seems-like-good-contract, enviromental friendly windpower electricity, BUT that was a wrong company, or I was on a wrong area. Then I got a bit frustrated, as I easily do. For a moment I considered living with a candle light and having a bonfire on my balcony to cook meals for the whole year.

But I tried once more, and it worked! They were the right company, I live on the right area,they had all the information needed, so did I AND on the top of all: it´s enviromental friendly, powered by water. I was pretty greatful afterwards and I didn´t feel stupid, for once!

Otherwise, things are progressing: I´ll have my own laptop, printer and a digital camera soon. And ladies: some decoration stuff too: curtains etc.

Anyway, it hasn´t been too simple lately, I´ve been a bit unbalanced, going through various emotions from being scared, desperate, annoyed and angry to being excited, happy and finally: a bit more independent. It´s my first aparment totally on my own. Don´t get me wrong, I would not like to stay at home, that´s not the problem... but I guess that having this kind of step onward in my own, personal life isn´t as simple and "go-with-the-flow"-thing for me as I maybe thought, leaving home so many times since young age, traveling and all that...

But this is somehow different.

Life is dynamic as it´s supposed to be.


"I will follow Him from where I am with all I have, in the fullest understanding possible. I will trust that He´s taking me where I need to be." -David Edwards


1 comment:

Dutch said...

Hi Saila!

Nice work -- the blog, I mean!

Is that a photo of your apartment -- where you (+ somebody else) look into the building ;=) ?

If you have not had a look yet, check out my brother Paul's blog: www.abspoel.blogspot.com

Unfortunately I have not yet started keeping a blog. Your blog is now a feed, so I keep up with you.

Blessings in your new school and come and visit the new ISBM team!

Bob