Friday, November 21, 2008

Are we humans, or are we dancers?


That song has been going on in my head for the last hours. They always play it on radio YLEX which I listen to while driving.


I finished my placement today and must say that it was such a great opportunity and I mean this. This is not a Miss Universum "I want world peace"-type of answer, I really liked the place and the job done there.


I made mistakes, I learned a lot, I enjoyed the people, both the workers and the clients, I felt comfortable and capable of doing things. My studies are not exactly the same as finnish socionoms are, though at the end my occupation will be a socionom. The thing is: my group concentrates on community development, whereas in the finnish line one can focus on children and youth, or mental health care, for example. I know I need to find my own way through the studies, as I may not necessarily work as a community development worker.

But who knows, maybe God does a miracle and I will end up as a community development worker. But if it depends on me: I don´t think so :)



Anyway, tomorrow our pre-teen work team will have a pre-teen day organized int he church for the kids. It takes the whole day and should be loads of fun. In the evening a friend comes for a visit, which is great, I haven´t seen her for a while. I know we have a LOT to talk about. Be prepared, Maija!




Now I should clean a bit and go to bed, so I´ll wake up tomorrow and will have strength for the day. People, God is good and faithfull, He cares about us and wants us to feel well on this planet Earth.


That is why He took care of me and the simple things in my life, such as this practice placement :)


You´re great! (Yes, I´m talking about you ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your placement, Saila. Even though the future may not always seem clear, God has his hand on your life and he is leading you forwards.

Great to hear that you are doing the youth day tomorrow. I was helping with that group during the spring - it's probably one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done! :) Have a really fun day with them, and know that God is with you in everything you do.

God bless :) :) :)