Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snow storm!

Edit: The snow storm turned out to be exactly like in this picture. The electricity was cut during the service in the church, so there we sat, without lights and the pastor started preaching.


Well, our snow storm is not exactly like this, but almost :)
Hmph. Sunday-morning. I slept until 12 o´clock :) How happy can one be after a good night sleep? Answer is: very happy indeed.

Now I am eating Christmas chocolates, which I got from my placement and watching the snow storming outside. Great. I am in here, in my warm (almost, need to take one more sweater) apartment with candles and Christmas lights, ah! Can one already notice that I am a Christmas person? It´s me and my sister together, we are the worse, so to say. We enjoy Christmas. Not that much gifts and buying things, thouhg it is nice to give and receive gifts when they make sense. This meaning that it is something that fits the person the best.

Every Christmas we go to the library and look for christmassy books and kids books (Mauri Kunnas is once again in the top 5!) and then we go home and happily stare at them together. This year we went there in the beginning of November and had to ask the librarian to get a certain book from their Christmas book storage, as they hadn´t yet got the books out officially :)
It was a loads of fun, plus good service! Then we also start a yearly candy strike (hahaha), which means we don´t eat any sweets for a month before Christmas.
Then there is an advertisement of Finnish decoration company called Tiimari. She, my sister, goes through it, marks the stuff she needs (nothing big though, Christmas serviets and do-it-your-self-card-materials) and then we go there together.
These are small things, but we have so much fun preparing. Baking, decorating, fighting about the christmas tree (real or fake one? is the question, but come oooon, a fake christmas tree?!?) and having the time together. Indeed, having the time together.
Now I am eagerly waiting these few coming weeks to pass by, so I will start my holidays. Before that I still have one report to finish, an exam to do (I think), a cruise to Stockholm and so on, so forth. Anyway: enjoy the litttttle things dear people!

2 comments:

hannitica said...

Kivaa lukea näin iloisia juttuja. Hitsi vie.

Milloin meet Keski-Suomeen? Mulla alkaa olla sellainen pakko-päästä-Saarijärvelle-fiilis. Saa nähdä, pääsenkö.

Niin, älähän unohda vastata siihen meemiin, johon sut haastoin nettikatkos aikana. Täältä löytyy: http://hannitica.blogspot.com/2008/10/confieso-que-soy-rara-i-confess-im.html

liz said...

a fake christmas tree is no christas tree!!! sounds like fun, the little things! I hink it is hard to find a gift for a person which fits perfectly for them ....i already have a christmas present for you...hope you will like it :)