Friday, September 07, 2007

Mortality

Originally I thought I would not write here before I have an internet acces at home... but it will still take something like two weeks and that´s just boring, so I couldn´t resist.
Past three weeks... well, they have passed by. First two I was just in a shock, doing things, meeting people, studying etc. And this passed week I realized that it´s my life and not a movie I´m looking as an outsider: so let´s start living it :)

I´ve had some bad days this week too; walked to a glassdoor (I didn´t see it coming obviously) for example. And I fell down with my bike, broke my new jeans and the skin on my knee, afterwards lying on the ground thinking: I should get a helmet. Just in case... Well, cannot afford one, sorry.

So far we have just been having lectures like: learning to learn, or how to write an essay in a Diak-way. (Diak stand for diaconia polytechnic unversity of applied sciences, though real universities don´t like the word 'university' as we are not academic.) Nothing too demanding yet. But it´s coming, I trust. We already have assignments: writing about one´s own roots and about poverty in my own context, whatever that means for everyone.

And yesterday we had our freshmen-party, going around the city and having different tasks in groups. Like making a chain of what you are wearing, competing whose is the longest one. When my group was there it was raining a LOT, so there we were taking clothes of, putting them to a flooded ground and we did not even win... this time. But it was fun, so didn´t matter too much. Afterwards there was sauna and partying, so we were comforted :)

And the church I´ve attented is just really good. It´s called Arkki (http://www.arkki.org), and it feels good to be there. It´s a great blessing that I don´t need to start looking for one as this was the first one I went to and that was it right away.

So: I´m excited and enjoying the life here, my very own life.

Bless you all and talk to you later!

1 comment:

Suvi said...

meinasin kommentoida tätäjo kauan sitten mut en päässykään langattomallani kommentoimaan... ja nyt vasta siis oon tässä, toivottavasti näet tän joskus vaikka uusia kirjoituksia sun sivulle tulee nopeemmin kun tajuaakaan:). Joo, siis diak-way, koitahan diakoitua riittävästi mut ei liikaa :). Ja loista!
-mie