Friday, May 02, 2008

Dusting dustless books


Today I worked. For 13 hours, at least. It meant that I woke up in the morning at 5 and came home after 8, though there was some visits in between. Out of this 13 hours of work, I was cleaning books in a library for 9 hours, and it was insane. It seemed like they would never ever end.. and it felt like that too. Just imagine shelfs of books and you need take them out, wipe them, put them back, every single one of them.

At first, I was excited: I like alphabets, (I love dictionaries, one of my weird desires, I know.), libraries and especially books. So, let´s say for the first 30 minutes I was simply taken away by the valuable task I had, but then... it started to feel meaningless and just a task. We were all together 8 ladies cleaning there and it took many many hours.

Well, this is just a part of my life: cleaning job. This task was just so extraordinary that I wanted to share it with you guys.


Otherwise, life is quite fine here, THE SUMMER is arriving, trees are a lot more green, evenings are bright and warm, the barbeque and cottage season 2008 was officially opened this last Wednesday, I can bike everywhere and I will bike everywhere :) So, things are not bad at all. And oh yeah, I will get a car!!! (It might mean that I´m not biking anywhere, at least while working, as the distances are rather long.) It will be my bery first own car. It will be seen here later, as soon as I just get it :)


2 comments:

Minna said...

Oh, your BERY first car;p

hannitica said...

No kylläpä ihanalta kuulostaa työ kirjastossa. Tuo on taas niitä juttuja, mitä voi sit kertoa jälkipolvelle, että osaavat arvostaa kirjallisuutta ja esivanhempien vaivannäköä.